• 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Van Gogh
Vincent van Gogh short biography
Vincent van Gogh (Vincent Willem van Gogh) was a Dutch painter. He was born on 30 of March 1853. in the history of Western art, Van Gogh is among the most famous figures. Vincent created 2,700 artworks over a decade.
Vincent Van Gogh’s Ear
Van Gogh had a brief, if unsuccessful, period of time with the artist Gauguin in Arles. Van Gogh’s intensity and mental imbalance made him difficult to live with. At the end of the two weeks, Van Gogh approached Gauguin with a razor blade. Then Gauguin fled back to Paris, and Van Gogh later cut off the lower part of his ear with the blade.Van Gogh, Dreamer Quote
“For my part, I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream.”
 Van Gogh’s last two yearsIn the last two years of his life, Van Gogh was at his most productive as a painter. Meanwhile he developed a style of painting that was quick and rapid – leaving no time for contemplation and thought. Vincent painted with quick movements of the brush and drew increasingly avant-garde style shapes – foreshadowing modern art and its abstract style. He felt an overwhelming need and desire to paint.